Sign in to follow this  
cowers lane 583

Has he of heard of the internet?

Half way between my shop and my home is a small independent shopfitter. Should be ideal, but he always tries to overcharge me. I always like preferably to use independents, and will happily pay a small premium for convenience and service. But I went in for a price gun, he wants to charge me over £40, with no extra labels, I can get the same model for £30, with free labels and delivery off the internet.

About four years ago I needed 6 mesh panels, he wanted £16 each (plus vat), I knew I could get them for £11( plus vat) and free del). He also likes to charge me vat, then try to not give me an invoice. All the time making it sound like he's doing me a favour. oh well, Back to Morplan.co.uk

Half way between my shop and my home is a small independent shopfitter. Should be ideal, but he always tries to overcharge me. I always like preferably to use independents, and will happily pay a small premium for convenience and service. But I went in for a price gun, he wants to charge me over £40, with no extra labels, I can get the same model for £30, with free labels and delivery off the internet.

About four years ago I needed 6 mesh panels, he wanted £16 each (plus vat), I knew I could get them for £11( plus vat) and free del). He also likes to charge me vat, then try to not give me an invoice. All the time making it sound like he's doing me a favour. oh well, Back to Morplan.co.uk

Lets hope our customer's dont look on the web,

First one on google for Kiwi polish

http://www.wilko.com/insoles-shoe-polish-foot-care/kiwi-shoe-polish-black-50ml/invt/0276859?nst=0&gclid=CjwKCAiAu4nRBRBKEiwANms5Wzv1ZZyN5a0jJaJS1uOV5pU5H-IcacjgihtX5sZFx2WoAcwOPuWoQRoCzA8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

makes us look the same?

I would say that is the difference between business to business selling and business to public selling. Most of my customers would not so price sensitive over a £1 difference,(assuming you sell kiwi at £2,or you could just sell a different brand) even if it was double the price.

I would say that is the difference between business to business selling and business to public selling. Most of my customers would not so price sensitive over a £1 difference,(assuming you sell kiwi at £2,or you could just sell a different brand) even if it was double the price.

But they all ask for Kiwi?

we tried other's but this seems to be the better seller

Cherry blossom on display, at £2.50. Kiwi " under the counter, on request" at £2. Looking at maybe just selling black and neutral kiwi at £2, cherry blossom for all the other colours £3. Trying not to give it too much thought as it accounts for probably under 1% of sales.

We have had people walk out over a 50p price difference maybe they are just tighter buggers up north.

I once had a guy who stormed out over the price of a key, only to turn up 4 hours later, after visiting what must have been every other key cutter in the city. Turns out I’m 50p cheaper than the guys across town

Some years ago I had a person in the shop who wanted 'two key' - £3.00 said me - '£3.00 that is much to much money in chalvey they are £2.00' I said go to chalvey. reply' he does not have them'  wait for it,  wait for it. Ahh said I when I dont have them they are only £1

He stomped off as well. Sad was I