5 replies to this topic

#1 B.C

B.C

200+ Poster : Intermediate user

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:28 AM

this is worth the read, just to make sure you do better :)

http://forums.moneys...d.php?t=3427609

#2 HarryHeffernan

HarryHeffernan

50+ Poster: Established user

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:40 AM

It amazes me how much of a pickle people get into changing batteries. The thing is you never know if people play about with their watches after. The amount of times I’ve had customers come in with their watches “not working” and it’s just the crown pulled out etc

#3 Tom D

Tom D

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:53 PM

honest im no fan of timpsons ,  but this customer ? im suspect  the  crown was loose  when he got it  back  don't see how changing the  battery caused that  think hes  more of a  " professional moaner" weve all had them

• Fast Fix Elgin and HarryHeffernan like this

#4 cowers lane 583

cowers lane 583

500+ Poster: Advanced user

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Locationsarf London

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:15 PM

Reading the review, it slightly annoys me one of the shops is banging on about how he charges £3/4 for a battery and makes a healthy profit. That might be technically true, but in the real world ( if you can call central London the real world,) if I don't charge between £8-£14 I would not make enough of this profit to cover costs and feed my family. Sorry , I didn't really want to turn this thread into a pricing policy one.
  • kobblers and gavin like this
I only multi-task at work, don't tell my wife.

#5 Dean

Dean

500+ Poster: Advanced user

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:38 PM

I know SOME of Timpsons staff are useless, but there's two sides to every story.

Amazing how many customers suddenly 'spot' faults with their items only after it's been left in your care!!!
  • kobblers, Tom D and cowers lane 583 like this

#6 Tom D

Tom D

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:27 PM

its the old chestnut , they never look at it  when they hand it over , but the have a dam fine look when you  hand it back ? I'm suspicious of the reviewer, he braggs too much  about  how well hes done on the compensation, I would have fought that one. professional moaner is my opinion, still frankie howard can afford it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users