Shoe Repairer Forum

Chris is a huge loss to the locksmith community, and his knowledge and locks and safes was second to none.

For anyone interested, you can find out all about the undisputed genius that was Chris Belcher by clicking here and viewing the Tribute magazine we have put together for him.

Chris was the mastermind behind the Patented UAP timing pin system which is used in all UAP cylinders to prevent lock bumping. And through this development helped UAP cylinders to become one of the best in the industry.

So we proudly and publically say a huge Thank You to Chris Belcher for his place in all our hearts, soul and history.

Chris Belcher may no longer be here, but his memory lives on in each and every product we sell. And we are committed to bringing to the market other Chris Belcher developed products so that the whole locksmith community can share in his genius.

In closing, rest in peace Chris, and we will ensure your legend lives on.

yes chris will be missed , for me he was a father figure and mentor , so i will miss him alot , as sad as his passing is , his life was anything but sad , he crammed 3 lifetimes into one , achieving so much as a father and loving husband , his service in the royal navy and finally his service to the locksmith industry , he achieved beyond his aspirations .

love and thoughts are with suzzie and their family , the legacy will live on as will the admiration of this humble gentleman , simply a legend.

For anyone interested, you can find out all about the undisputed genius that was Chris Belcher by clicking here and viewing the Tribute magazine we have put together for him.

Found the PDF really interesting, especially the collaborative projects with his son. Thanks for producing it. What a treasure for his family in particular.

One question: was he a marine? I could see he was a RN engineer, but nothing to say he was a marine?

• 6 years later...
On 8/7/2017 at 10:47 PM, NYKeys said:

Found the PDF really interesting, especially the collaborative projects with his son. Thanks for producing it. What a treasure for his family in particular.

One question: was he a marine? I could see he was a RN engineer, but nothing to say he was a marine?

Chris was a proud member of the Royal Navy Submarine Service. He volunteered for subs in the days when only volunteers were submariners, he first served in diesel, during the Cold War, then served in the nuclear Polaris submarines, finishing up as a Nuclear Welding Inspector. I have had the pleasure of meeting some of his old sea mates and I doubt if you’ll be surprised to know that he equally had an amazing and respected reputation even in the depths of those cold waters. When submariners die, you will see the word “Resurgam” which means… I Will Rise Again 

Thank you all for the wonderful comments you have all made.

Suzzie  x