3 replies to this topic

#1 k4mrc

k4mrc

1000+ Poster: Expert user

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:13 PM

why not have a section to assist others warning of poor terrible companies who 'Lock in' for stupid length contract - and only when you try to switch for cheaper find out how impossible it is?

I will start, XLN stay away, they are not registered with ANY Ombudsman which protect you against 'overcharging etc'

XLN come across as cheaper, but being part of TalkTalk you will find they 'buy the line' thus charging substantial money if you ever want to leave, this also even if you follow there rules?

Avoid if possible AT ALL COSTS!

#2 cowers lane 583

cowers lane 583

500+ Poster: Advanced user

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Locationsarf London

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:05 PM

They are always phoning me. A bit awkward as they are based near me, and regularly come to me for keys.
I only multi-task at work, don't tell my wife.

#3 cobblerjoe

cobblerjoe

50+ Poster: Established user

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:41 PM

i have been with xln since 2006  never had any problems used to pay £38.00 for line  rentle,broadband and inclusive call both to landline & mobil only switched to talk talk they offered same for £26.99

• kobblers likes this

#4 grahamparker

grahamparker

4000+ Elite rank user

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:35 PM

I had been with XLN (4 years) until June this year with 2 lines and Broadband.

Great service problems resolved quickly and efficiantly no overcharging. No exit fees as i checked my contract before leaving.

Swapped to Virgin media as they offered 200meg broadband, phone and calls for £60 a month, no installation and first 3 months free. Wish i had stayed with XLN i am currently been threatened with court as they are now trying to charge me for the 3 months free as i don't have anything in writing.

So just goes to prove we all have good and bad to say against most utility companies out there.

• kobblers likes this
"You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't" - Bart Simpson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users