Shoe Repairer Forum

I sell barker shoes sales ok but fed up of people returning after 2 days saying husband etc didnt want them and having to refund so i have about 20 to 25 pairs i,m selling as job lot on ebay in new year and going to try something else if you know any one who wants about 20 pairs of assorted gents barker shoes all brand new not 2nds pass my details on 

ta

Don't offer refund only exchange! That way even if you make nothing at least you are not out of pocket.

We sell Loakes and RM Williams and used to sell John Whites. Sales are down massively. Even before the recent downturn I would have found it difficult to recommend such an investment unless you have very strong footfall, because it is massive.

You're talking 8-10 pairs of shoes per style with the various sizes. People want stuff there and then so forget thinking you'll be able to order a size in. It's not like the old days. You'll loose the customer or they will mess you about and not return. You'll need plenty of space as well. Be prepared for the younger generation to use your shop as a shoe showroom and waste your time while buying online instead. They'll want to take pictures, and know the model name of the shoe etc for their 'online research purposes'.

It's very difficult to make someone put their hand in their pocket and hand over £160+ just remember that. Also It doesn't matter what you say or how you go about it, the majority of people and all the youngsters will automatically assume that because you are an independent you'll have them more expensive than anyone else. The only other thing I'd say is that it can bring people into the shop especially those interested in a quality shoe repair job if they see you stock quality shoes they may give your repairs a go, it may give you a chance to have more engagement with the leather sole kind of customer. It may improve your shop image. All the manufacturers will tell you that they have been a lot quieter the last few months compared to last year. The price increases, based around brexit, the exchange rate and greed has scared the punters away. Hope this helps and good luck!

the thing with exchange is I still have to order the ones they want in so it costs me again then i have to pay bonus on ones sold then they pick cheaper pair and it just goes on and on so i,ve had enough i may start selling ice cream in the summer 1 ice cream chest 8 falvours and stand out side selling them while staff inside 

i only use barkers as i own about 7 pairs they are my favourite brand

You have to have a lot of money tied up in stock and as others have pointed out, it's fraught with problems. They do make the shop look nice though lol

If your running a business, it's better to invest money on stock than have it sitting in a bank account earning nothing.. and I cant see how it's fraight with problems, it's just retail???

Here is list of the shoes I have

GRETNA SIZE 10

ETON SIZE 10

NEWINGLEY SIZE 9

THORNE SIZE 9

THORNE SIZE 10

GRANT SIZE 10

ALVIS SIZE 81/2

WILTON SIZE 9

McCLEAN SIZE 8

HOCKNEY SIZE 8 RETAIL 295

LUXEMBERG SIZE 10 RETAIL 300

GRANT SIZE 6

ORKNEY SIZE 9

LUCAS SIZE 7

TENBY SIZE 9

LUCAS SIZE 9

HOPPER SIZE 10

BEDALE SIZE 9 1/2

WILLIAM SIZE 7 1/2

75.00 APAIR 1700 CASH

Here is list of the shoes I have

GRETNA SIZE 10

ETON SIZE 10

NEWINGLEY SIZE 9

THORNE SIZE 9

THORNE SIZE 10

GRANT SIZE 10

ALVIS SIZE 81/2

WILTON SIZE 9

McCLEAN SIZE 8

HOCKNEY SIZE 8 RETAIL 295

LUXEMBERG SIZE 10 RETAIL 300

GRANT SIZE 6

ORKNEY SIZE 9

LUCAS SIZE 7

TENBY SIZE 9

LUCAS SIZE 9

HOPPER SIZE 10

BEDALE SIZE 9 1/2

WILLIAM SIZE 7 1/2

75.00 APAIR 1700 CASH

75.00 APAIR 1700 CASH???? Won't be paying cash then.!!