Shoe Repairer Forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We sent the data to Silca about 3 months ago and it will be on the next update. The AB depths are the same, the B rotation is the same but the C snake now has 4 depths and the spacing is tighter to allow for the enhanced anti snap features.

It results in new 3/2/4 patterns etc

The cutting card will be available for Silca in the next few weeks, thats what Lee told me at Lockex this morning.

Pretty sure everyone else will be about the same.

As usual the Italians are too busy eating pasta and dragging their feet over anything to do with Assa Abloy, nearly 6 months now - I'll revise my ETA to 'when we've finished our holidays and combing our hair' in 2017 maybe, as it's not important - Yale? Who are they?

Soon it may be 'Silca' oh yes I remember them!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We are cutting the Yale Platinum keys now - same profile as Superior but 14 degree CW and 14 degree ACW rotation with closer spacings and 4 depths on the snake cut. http://www.[Website Removed]/products/Yale-Platinum-3-Star-Key-Cutting-@-%C2%A39.00-Inc-VAT-Yale-Platinum-3-Star-Key-104580.aspx

I wouldn't advise trying to cut them without the correct jaw / software / cutters as it can result in a damaged or jammed lock that's not easy to rectify and the lowest repair cost would be a 3 star cylinder removal + new 3 star lock by a locksmith = £150+ but please use a registered MLA locksmith otherwise you may have to buy a new composite door as well !

Regards

Mat

• 1 month later...

We are cutting the Yale Platinum keys now - same profile as Superior but 14 degree CW and 14 degree ACW rotation with closer spacings and 4 depths on the snake cut. http://www.[Website Removed]/products/Yale-Platinum-3-Star-Key-Cutting-@-%C2%A39.00-Inc-VAT-Yale-Platinum-3-Star-Key-104580.aspx

I wouldn't advise trying to cut them without the correct jaw / software / cutters as it can result in a damaged or jammed lock that's not easy to rectify and the lowest repair cost would be a 3 star cylinder removal + new 3 star lock by a locksmith = £150+ but please use a registered MLA locksmith otherwise you may have to buy a new composite door as well !

Regards

Mat

Hi Mat

Do you deal with trade customers as well, or would we be better to direct a customer to your website so that they can order a Yale Platinum without have to go through us as well?

Thanks, Valerie

At the risk of being paranoid here, am I missing something?

I have a customer who would like a duplicate Platinum key and we cannot cut one, so I'm looking for someone who can.

Mat at Lock&Key offers a Platinum cut-to-code service through his website. I was just asking if he also sells to the trade (maybe at a slightly reduced cost) so that we could order on behalf of our customers, as we do with other cut-to-codes from SKS. 

Of course I realise that we could just order one anyway, stick on a mark up and sell it on. But that's not really what I was getting at

I did wonder why Ironplanet put LOL rather than offer to cut the keys for you.

I have a triax with the jaws but i don't have any blanks in yet, i have just ordered some and would be happy to cut them for you at a Trade price when the blanks arrive.

If you need them sooner then i am sure someone else will step forward offering to do them for you.

I will put a comment here when the blanks arrive, hopefully it will be tomorrow.

Apologies for not responding earlier - please feel free to contact us direct on 01296 752080 for trade cutting info.

We do offer reduced prices for trade customers, the Yale Platinum key involved a bit of pressure from Yale etc to release a machine capable to cut them a few months ahead of the Silca update. We used a Keyline machine with expressed support to fill the gap and we thank Davenports & Yale for their efforts in getting this sorted 3 months ahead of Silca,

I can confirm both systems (Keyline and Silca) now cut the keys perfectly, for once Silca actually paid attention to the snake cut flaw which still exists on the 1 star Superior key - the Keyline machine however always cut a perfect factory replica snake on both 1 star Superior and 3 star Platinum, the Triax machines produce a perfect 3 star snake but the 1 star is still far too violent due to incorrect lay position, but in 99% of orders they work fine - but could be perfect if Silca could be bothered... I suspect Silca only got it right on 3 star because Keyline listened and did the job first, pity they can't be bothered to make a good Magnum/Superior key despite Keyline getting it perfect.... How about an update on the snake lay position for the Magnum/ Superior card guys?? We've only been asking for 4 years.

Regards

Mat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...