26 replies to this topic

#21 shadowster

shadowster

500+ Poster: Advanced user

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:05 PM

Why don't you go back to the timpson shop and ask if you can check the ID plate on the machine.
Some of the parts are individually numbered too, it might have a number on it.

or bung him a few quid

i hate simon cowell

#22 keithm

keithm

2000+ Poster: High rank user

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:43 PM

if you have the old part, can it not be repaired with some welding? must be some way or someone who would be willing to try and repair the old part, if it's already gubbed then its not like they can make it worse by trying. i had similar with a bike i had, every bike shop i tried said no way, got a friend who is in the process of trying something oput for me, if it doesn't work i haven't lost any more than what i already have, if it works then i am a £1000 bike up again

It's likely to be a cast part which is then hardened and it is unlikely that it can be welded.

#23 Mr Bargy

Mr Bargy

Argy Bargy

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:33 PM

or bung him a few quid

Spending other people's money again Ster.......................lol

#24 northamptonshoemaker

northamptonshoemaker

50+ Poster: Established user

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:20 PM

Spending other people's money again Ster.......................lol

I tried my hardest but it seems timpsons are now no longer fixing the machines they have ,, they are going to send stitching to a main centre,,,or so he says ,,, I asked him to Order me one and that's why he couldn't do it

#25 keithm

keithm

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:28 AM

I tried my hardest but it seems timpsons are now no longer fixing the machines they have ,, they are going to send stitching to a main centre,,,or so he says ,,, I asked him to Order me one and that's why he couldn't do it

I think I'm in Noo Noo land !!!

All the Timpson parts for their stitchers will come from us at Standard, if you really need one then you can order one from us?

There's a lot of help here but you need to read and take the help being offered!

For the record, Timpson are fixing stitchers in their stores, but there is no way a Manager is going toorder you a peart for their machine so you can try it, they have a system of ordering and it all as to be justified, however, that doesnt stop you from ordering the parts from their supplier, not that they will fit your machine, have I said that before ?

#26 petercoulson

petercoulson

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 12:22 PM

Here are pics of the 2 available from Siserve, they are 2 very different guides but I don't believe either will fit a Simplex. As well as the holes in different places and sizes being different the needle curves are completely different. You haven't said why you need a new guide have you?

IMG 20160314 114023 Hdr
IMG 20160314 113958 Hdr

all the best at siserve.co.uk

#27 Lee

Lee

5000+ Maximus Elite super, super user.

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,296 posts
  • LocationEast Coast UK

Posted 29 March 2016 - 01:37 PM

Nice ruler