Shoe Repairer Forum

I just cancelled my account with my electronic payments supplier. "Your terminal is no longer PCI compliant" but when I looked into it I had to sign a 36 month agreement, which tied me in "again"

I went with paypal because although on the face of it 20p per transaction + 2.5% seems expensive on the small turnover I do on cards it works out considerably cheaper when equating terminal rental and all the other incidental fees I seemed to get before. It also works from my mobile cordlessly which is dead handy when delivering goods.

I just cancelled my account with my electronic payments supplier. "Your terminal is no longer PCI compliant" but when I looked into it I had to sign a 36 month agreement, which tied me in "again"

I went with paypal because although on the face of it 20p per transaction + 2.5% seems expensive on the small turnover I do on cards it works out considerably cheaper when equating terminal rental and all the other incidental fees I seemed to get before. It also works from my mobile cordlessly which is dead handy when delivering goods.

Who was your supplier?

Would they not upgrade your terminal FOC to keep your business?

Payment sense (after they where recommended on the forum a few years ago!), they lowered all the fees, & where upgrading "FOC" with the same rental per month, but when you signed for the terminal it was a 36 month agreement 17.94 with the vat £645.84 over three years. paypals dinky terminal cost me £75.00 nothing else to pay. I can replace it a couple of times & still be quids in.

they became a joke! monthly client line fee (they couldn't even tell me what this was & refunded it) £10 PCI management fee (even though I do it online) £4.99 PER MONTH Minimum level fee (something to do with the ACTUAL transactions I was doing) £21.91 "authorisation requests" .92p

I did 24 transactions in that month, so as I said before I'm a small turnover for a credit card terminal supplier if you average all these incidentals out I paid £2.32 PER CARD! + the fees on each individual total! At least with paypal its given me breathing space until I find a deal that works for small volume.

Lee