Shoe Repairer Forum

How long does it take to engrave a Hipflask

How long does it take you guys on what machine to engrave a hatch filled text message on a standard 6oz hip flask

one guy told me he takes about 20 minutes in a is200 that cant be correct surely.

Example message

Ryan

Thank you for being

Part of our day

Lara & Lee

18/07/2015

Craig

Perhaps he's honest and factors in the time serving a typical customer at the same time!

I would go with this statement

Selecting item off your shelf, deciding what to engrave on the item, what script, set up style spacing script into the machine, physical engraving 9 seconds

The engraving as we all know is the short part of the process

Oh U-Marq universal   

so how long to do it on the vistool machines 

i think they wont be far off 20 mins

laser is a totally different concept

i engraved 60 hip flasks at the weekend and done them on the mpx90 3 mins per flask and it was only a 50x30 mm logo

if he had wanted them lasered it would have taken less time to engrave but longer to do this job !

it was about the same time on the volume 

carry on!

cant figure out how to upload a video here I text  it to hibsjo to upload so come on joe get it up for folk to see. on vistool software it was taking around 6 minutes to engrave on speedy 100 laser machine about 1.30 minutes but I had to spay on cermark first then wash off after and dry so around 3 minutes now we just fibre laser them all flasks in under 9 seconds some as quick as 3 seconds depends on size of engraved area

Craig

dont you need any eye protection or screens for that type of laser? I thought the laser could bounce all over the place? I could have it well wrong lol

Think it would be about 5-6 mins on an IS200 maybe 7 at the most. we have 4 of them so familiar with the speeds you can get out of them I'm guessing the 20 minute guy has got the Z stroke set up all wrong

Hi Craig,

How does the fibre cope with intricate logos? Earlier this year we invested in a Trotec Speedy 300 CO2 flexx with the view that we might later upgrade so that it has both CO2 & Fibre capability.

BTW we have sandblasted for years and there is no doubt whatsoever that if you want the best finish in glass then it is the only way to go. That said our Trotec does an amazing job on glass at a fraction of the cost of sandblasting. Best £20k ever spent and that includes our beloved Gravo IS 400V.

I'd be interested in your reply regarding graphic results achieved with your Trotec fibre.

Cheers

Mart

Trotec fibre on a flex machine is shite not enough through no matter what lens you use best fibres and best speeds from a statice fibre machines with the mirrors flickering to move the laser so no physical moving parts. My speedy co2 is still a great machine. Small detail work better with fibre than the co2 send me something in fine detail you have I will fibre it and upload pic and post you the sample.

Craig

No need for safety goggles with a fibre laser

Craig

I'm looking around at various machines and not that I'm doubting your experience but 2 suppliers of machines have now told me protective shielding is needed with a Fiber laser, either goggles or a closed unit.

Halo was one supplier I cannot recall the other

Do you think they are just trying to upsell or is it worth checking out at your end - eyes are precious my friend

Regards Carl