Shoe Repairer Forum

I do all this sort of work under a microscope Mick so don't need goggles.

Mark, it really depends on the state of them tbh. if they are seized & can't be salvaged then they can be flipping expensive to replace if a generic one doesn't suit. I did this one for nount recently because after I'd fitted the battery I realised I couldn't put the time right because the buttons where seized. it was for a friend of mine so wound up a job to nothing!

DSCI0002.JPG

DSCI0004.JPG

DSCI0005.JPG

seriously though, if your doing this kind of work a sound investment is a microscope. I lost count of the amount of parts I lost before getting one. somehow it helps steady your hand & feel for watches, reduces a lot of unnecessary stress.

seriously though, if your doing this kind of work a sound investment is a microscope. I lost count of the amount of parts I lost before getting one. somehow it helps steady your hand & feel for watches, reduces a lot of unnecessary stress.

I can believe that... I use an eyeglass to engrave the inside of rings, amazing how it helps... Just saying.

Optivisors are the way to go for day to day. I even fit batteries wearing these (I don't wear glasses yet) as they help heighten the senses and are ideal for a lot of mainstream repair work, but once it gets technical I head over to the microscope & even that don't have to be flash to make the world of difference.

Optivisors are the way to go for day to day. I even fit batteries wearing these (I don't wear glasses yet) as they help heighten the senses and are ideal for a lot of mainstream repair work, but once it gets technical I head over to the microscope & even that don't have to be flash to make the world of difference.

Picture of your microscope please...

Just asking!

mines a Brunnel BM1 http://www.brunelmicroscopes.co.uk/longarm.html I modified the power cable to come out the other end to give more bench clearance (had to drill a hole right through the counter balance weight & re-wire) it was recommended to me & is very much an entry level model but I've been using it for a couple of years & have never thought "this needs upgrading" its been perfect.

DSCI0058.JPG

Lee

did not say they were for watchs question was is there a circlip removel tool answer given was not aware of specific tool but there is and google search will and does show numerous styles and sizes so quite possable to gert one further more if the manufaures have one to do them then they must be available somewhere

did not say they were for watchs question was is there a circlip removel tool answer given was not aware of specific tool but there is and google search will and does show numerous styles and sizes so quite possable to gert one further more if the manufaures have one to do them then they must be available somewhere

Hi Eric :D

Hate to be pedantic Elfman, but I did mention circlips on watches in my original post, sorry.

I did ask Ian at Jevon & Stanley too, and he said he uses screwdrivers and tweezers, and is not aware of any pliers that are small enough for the job. Still, a box of spare circlips is on order now, so if I lose another one to the wide blue yonder (otherwise known as the carpet), it won't be such an issue.

Thanks for all your help. Valerie