Shoe Repairer Forum

A warning on Murrina Antica watches

I phoned a couple of material houses, just to see if the genuine glass was available but it doesn’t appear so.

Prevention is better than cure with watch glass, I always use a press to put on the majority of snap backs which pretty much eliminates the risk of smashing a glass, those I don’t use a press with I always push on with the face siting on a casing cushion.

It is possible to buy or make your own oval/shaped glass but sadly with yours it looks like it has the design laminated on the back of it so not much help in this instance.

You might have 25 years of experience but sometimes we have to hold our hands up & say fair enough I made a mistake!

A good warning though, Anyone else had problems with these?

Lee

Hi and yes i did put up my hand's, i even puchased a new watch for her but the lady did not like the watch even though she picked it, so now i have a situation, seem's i cannot please this lady, The supplier did get back to me after a few chase up e- mails, and stated the watch is obsolete and no glass is available, they also state that no other glass is available for this watch,

all my efforts to no avail, her san rocco watch is obsolete. oh dear what to do ?.

Welcome to the forum Dave! I didn't realise you was a member when I emailed you! one of those situations but at the end of the day if you've replaced it with something she choose then really you've done all you can! next she'll be telling you its worth 3 times what it actually is!

Good luck with that one!

Certainly one to watch ( O:) ) out for!

Lee