Shoe Repairer Forum

TRG Dye

Has anyone else had trouble with TRG dye.......I've just had one in to dye a pair of shoes......Colour 179 Walnut.............The smell of it is horrendous................Like human sh1t.......... :smt078 :smt078......I can't use it on a customers shoes.

Update............I phoned Birches for a moan..........Joanna checked them and they do smell like human sh1t...... :smt078 :smt078 ....."like a sewer" were her words......Also while I was on I had a gripe about the way they pack orders...........GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY...............Apparently from today orders well be packed properly..........Don't know why we have to complain really.... :smt102 :smt102...........It doesn't take a lot of intelligence to know if you put 5 ltrs of 6092 in a box then lob in some boxes of dyes and loose tins of polish with no packing, stuff is going to get damaged.... [-X [-X .............I'm done.....................for now.

GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY...............Apparently from today orders will be packed properly..........Don't know why we have to complain really.... :smt102 :smt102...........It doesn't take a lot of intelligence to know if you put 5 ltrs of 6092 in a box then lob in some boxes of dyes and loose tins of polish with no packing, stuff is going to get damaged.... [-X [-X .............I'm done.....................for now.

They'll probably still send the wrong stuff, but at least it will be nicely packed! :wink:

Talking of TRG dye. What's with the new easi dye? Has it replaced the other color dye by TRG? :-k

Rick.

Not sure Rick. Tarrago are selling Quick colour which is just a bottle of dye and a sponge without the preparer and brush so I would imagine TRG are doing the same..... :smt102 :smt102...........It's 85 degrees in my shop. I've got betty swollocks... :( :(

It's 85 degrees in my shop. I've got betty swollocks... :( :(

Lucky bugger, we've had low cloud, mist & temperatures hovering around 15-16 degrees this week (in the region of 60 degrees for you old folks :wink: not bad for October...)

Bring on the sunshine I say - the sooner, and hotter the better :D