Shoe Repairer Forum

Euro Cylinders

I want to stock a few different euro cylinders and wondered what are the most popular sizes that you people stock/fit.

I was looking at either Asec or Era, I don't want to go too expensive as people won't pay it here.

I have a local B&Q and I think they stock Era but only in about 2 or 3 sizes.

Thanks =D>

THe most common we see are as follows

35/45 35/55 40/45 40/50 40/60 45/55

in doubles 30/30 and 35/35.

We do stock every other size but these are our most common ones.

Don't bother with the era go for the Asec 6 pin versions they use evva pins and you can get a pinning kit for supplying keyed alike.

It is not hard to do and can get you a lot of new custom from the double glazing fitters as they have to wait weeks if they want anything keyed alike.The 6 pin asec are a very good quality cylinder but the don't make a 30/30 due to the length of the key.

We also stock ESLA NG / Abus E60 /Abus Pfaffenhain / Ankerslot / Cisa Astral S.

If I were you would look at stocking anti snap bump cylinders they are much more secure and easy to sell after pointing out the floors in other cylinders and you will get a bit more for them Sks do a excel anti snap anti bump at a reasonable price. Personally would not fit a cylinder without snap and bump resistance.

If I were you would look at stocking anti snap bump cylinders they are much more secure and easy to sell after pointing out the floors in other cylinders and you will get a bit more for them Sks do a excel anti snap anti bump at a reasonable price. Personally would not fit a cylinder without snap and bump resistance.

good point, i am going to be getting these too, give the punter a choice \:D/

what do you guys think of all the bad press euro cylinders are getting just now?

the day will come where insurance companies are going to ask for anti snap as minimum requirement rendering all others obsolete for fitting?

ive got hundreds of these on the van......... you want to buy some :D

carry on!

Good point Jo, i have had at least ten people in asking about anti snap cylinders this week,so it just goes to show the power of tv.

I personally prefer the Cisa Astral S but thats just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
Re: Euro Cylinders

hibsjo(SCO) wrote:

what do you guys think of all the bad press euro cylinders are getting just now?

the day will come where insurance companies are going to ask for anti snap as minimum requirement rendering all others obsolete for fitting?

ive got hundreds of these on the van......... you want to buy some

carry on!

Good point Jo, i have had at least ten people in asking about anti snap cylinders this week,so it just goes to show the power of tv.

I personally prefer the Cisa Astral S but thats just my opinion.

And also "Anti-Drill"

Doesn't seem to be many euro cylinders marketed as "Anti-Pick/Drill/Bump/Snap".

SKS Excel have a few sizes out of stock, and Aldridges Era,Cisa,Asec etc. selections aren't marked as such on there website so not sure if they are. ](*,) ](*,)

Where else can I look and what makes, models should I be looking at? :-k

Doesn't seem to be many euro cylinders marketed as "Anti-Pick/Drill/Bump/Snap".

SKS Excel have a few sizes out of stock, and Aldridges Era,Cisa,Asec etc. selections aren't marked as such on there website so not sure if they are. ](*,) ](*,)

Where else can I look and what makes, models should I be looking at? :-k

Sks just got Yale anti snap euros I I've just stocked up they look excellent. Kite marked and sold secured approved to diamond standard meet all current European standards Yale brand sells and you can cut keys ie don't have to have key cards for duplication.

• 2 weeks later...
Again lots of out-of-stock and quite expensive for me!!

Been looking at the UAP+ zero lift 6pin cylinders.Anyone had any experience of these?

Seem more in my price range... :-{{{

On Saturday I saw that Davenpoprts are now stocking these cylinders.Have orderes the starter packs and see how they go. :wink:

offer sheet for Davenports euro cylinders

I know tradelocks are about to pump over £100K into a radio , media and online campaign for zero lift cylinders as well as releasing a new website that will be heavily pushed at www.upgrademylocks.com , so the brand will get some massive advertising and exposure.

i spoke to david at uap yesterday , and he is about to launch his retail packs in about 2 weeks time , these will be easy open blisterpack cylinders heavily branded and in all sizes aimed specifically at retail market .

im sure these too will be available via distributors such as davenports as well .

• 2 weeks later...
i spoke to david at uap yesterday , and he is about to launch his retail packs in about 2 weeks time , these will be easy open blisterpack cylinders heavily branded and in all sizes aimed specifically at retail market .

im sure these too will be available via distributors such as davenports as well .

Any more news on these yet?

I bought the starter packs from Davenports, but unfortunately they come in some beaten up old boxes that I couldn't/wouldn't put out on display!! [-X

Locks seem good but they need some decent retail packaging to sell.I've now got them sitting on a shelf out the back. ](*,)'

I bought the starter packs from Davenports, but unfortunately they come in some beaten up old boxes that I couldn't/wouldn't put out on display!! [-X

Locks seem good but they need some decent retail packaging to sell.I've now got them sitting on a shelf out the back. ](*,)'

Good feedback, I was going to order these, but based on this I'm having second thoughts.

Anybody else had the same problem - or not?