Shoe Repairer Forum

Key ID - (Long Story Behind This One) Would Be A Nice Earner

Do the chinese produce an easy entree machine ? I only ask as normally a mention on here of the chinese copying something and world war 3 erupts yet here we have people falling over themselves to save money by copying what may/ may not be a resicted/copyright profile and it is all ok so I thought I would ask the question whilst the principle seems ok.

not as far as i know but these machines need to be very very precise and i wouldnt trust a chinese copy.and its not about saving money milling blanks on easy entrie its about cutting keys you cant source a blank for.if a original blank is available i would recomend using that as it will also look the same the easy entrie keys dont look good but customers accept them as they have usualy been told sorry i cant cut that else where

craig

Just Caught Up On This Today ......The Customers HAVE Been Going Back To the Glazing Company - But The General Advice From Them (and The Fitters Whilst Doing The Job) Is

`Yeah Love You Can Get Them Cut Anywhere` - ``We Just Fit em !`

As A Side Note On The Milling Debate - A Locksmith Mate Of Mine Took His OWN Patented Section Into A Shop Offering This Service - They Happily Milled The Key (Without Knowing Who He Was) Then He Dropped The Big Reveal And The Legal Bombshell On Them - `I Pay Money For This Section ...Blah Blah ...Illegal ...Blah Blah Blah` - To say They Filled Their Pants Is An Understatement.

He Then Produced A Cylinder From His Pocket - Tried The Freshly Milled One - And (You Guessed It) ......It Would`nt Even Go In !!! :shock:

- `I Pay Money For This Section ...Blah Blah ...Illegal ...Blah Blah Blah` - To say They Filled Their Pants Is An Understatement.

their machine must not be set up correct or the key would have worked and they would have nothing to worry about if cutting the key on a easy entrie machine the way the machine should work they would have nout to worry about as the blank would be different in enough areas not to breach the patent and the key would work.

craig

Craig

This Is A Real Grey Area , And Whilst I Do See Your Point About The Difference Is Enough As To Not Breach Copyright - (We All Carry Union,Legge And Yale Security Bypass Blanks)

...What If There Is A REAL Need For A Copyright High Security Key To Be Exactly That -HIGH SECURITY- ....Someone Mills It ,Copies It (Within Legal Difference).....And Then Someone Gains Entry To A Premises (Say A Halls Of Residence Or An Army Barracks) ....And A Rape Or Murder Is Commited .

Personally I Think This Is a Disaster Waiting To Happen !

(I Know This Sounds A Bit Heavy - But I`m Only Putting Forward a Debate ...Not Launching a Personal Attack) 8-[

Craig

This Is A Real Grey Area , And Whilst I Do See Your Point About The Difference Is Enough As To Not Breach Copyright - (We All Carry Union,Legge And Yale Security Bypass Blanks)

...What If There Is A REAL Need For A Copyright High Security Key To Be Exactly That -HIGH SECURITY- ....Someone Mills It ,Copies It (Within Legal Difference).....And Then Someone Gains Entry To A Premises (Say A Halls Of Residence Or An Army Barracks) ....And A Rape Or Murder Is Commited .

Personally I Think This Is a Disaster Waiting To Happen !

(I Know This Sounds A Bit Heavy - But I`m Only Putting Forward a Debate ...Not Launching a Personal Attack) 8-[

i fully agrea at times their is a need for a high security key that people cant copy and they do exist it aint all keys the easy entrie can mill out and a common one we see a lot here old but still being used is the ruko flexicore. in in places like you mention real security keys where blanks cant be obtained or milled should be used.and as a locksmith fitting own profile locks just to cash in on overpriced spare keys later is wrong when fitted on domestic doors. and if a customerr needs a security lock a own profile euro shouldnt be used a non millable blank should.

i mill out a lot of keys that were from a locksmith that went out of business and nobody bought his profile so without my easy entrie machine these customers would need to spend more money by changing their locks which their is nothing wrong with.

craig

all locksmiths i know have their own section its called their pension fund! you get me out ill fit integrater first and sell the uniqueness of the key, they cant get this key cut anywhere else bla bla bla.(not locally anyway)

so behave yourself Craig overpriced spare keys........... it was only last month we were getting told off for charging £4 for a yale key :-{{{

carry on!

You cannot profile the pfaffenhain y section (Abus) as they have deliberatly curved the key,you cannot duplicate it either unless you have the correct jaw for

the unocode or manual duplication as even using the v jaws on any cylinder machine the key will be cut at the incorrect angle.

You cannot use the easi entrie to duplicate these,i now i tried before i sold my machine to Lee.

Just Caught Up On This Today ......The Customers HAVE Been Going Back To the Glazing Company - But The General Advice From Them (and The Fitters Whilst Doing The Job) Is

`Yeah Love You Can Get Them Cut Anywhere` - ``We Just Fit em !`

As A Side Note On The Milling Debate - A Locksmith Mate Of Mine Took His OWN Patented Section Into A Shop Offering This Service - They Happily Milled The Key (Without Knowing Who He Was) Then He Dropped The Big Reveal And The Legal Bombshell On Them - `I Pay Money For This Section ...Blah Blah ...Illegal ...Blah Blah Blah` - To say They Filled Their Pants Is An Understatement.

He Then Produced A Cylinder From His Pocket - Tried The Freshly Milled One - And (You Guessed It) ......It Would`nt Even Go In !!! :shock:

Stanley, I very much enjoy your posts, but I hate reading them, why do you use a capitol letter on EVERY word? It must take you twice as long to post :shock:

Keith

Regarding your grundmann key. I would ring KABA and find out the orignator before making copies yourself, you never know it might even be cheaper in the long run. I hold a ap2000 section and a squire section. Although the licence has run out on the ap2000 section. It would be nice to think my customers money is well spent as it is usually a request a special section key so none of there tennants can get it cut without him/her knowing. Myself and other locksmiths also hold each others keys. Incase one of us is away we can send the customer to another locksmith.

• 2 weeks later...