Shoe Repairer Forum

Key ID - (Long Story Behind This One) Would Be A Nice Earner

Key 1.JPG

These Locks Were Fitted After A Local Glazing Company - Won the Tender With Our Area Council (About A Year Ago)

Over 500 Houses/Flats In Our Area Have These Locks - So Far Birch,Davenports,Colledge,& NW Keys Have No Idea How To Get Them

Spoken To Boss Of Glazing Co - He Won`t Tell Me Where He Got Them (Not A Nice Fella !) - I`ve Got A Rumour They Are From Brazil

All We Can Do Is Refer Customers Back To The Council (Some Have Told Me They Have Had Different - Standard- Locks Refitted) ...With Standard I Mean 6 Pin Euro Locks Or Similar.

Local Locksmiths Are Also Refitting Privately As Well

We Used To Have These Come in Daily - Slowed Down a Bit Now Still A Few A Week

Local Timpsons Have Tried To Use A` Milling` Machine To Make These - But Have Reported Back They Are So Complex And That Mostly The Key Won`t Even Enter The Lock....Also They Are Reportedly Charging Quite An Inflated Price (As These Are Mainly For Pensioner Flats)And Relatives /Carers Need Duplicates

Any Input Would Be Appreciated ! :D

Key 2.JPG

Could well be a patented section. Personally, I wouldn't risk making blanks and therefore breaking the law until I knew otherwise.

Phil.

it dont matter if it is patended you wont be breaking the law the machine will change the profile enough tio be differant but still work

craig

Hmmm. That brings up the thorney subject of black market keys. Don't do it IMO.

Straight of the Union Web Site

“Cylinder systems that rely on copyright protection can no longer be legally protected from others manufacturing and selling ‘pirate’ key blanks. Only cylinder systems that offer Patent protection for their keys can truly legally protect against illegal key blank duplication.”

Fait enough for me, still means my easyentries gona pay dividends on legal "pirate" keys, Patent protected I'll leave.

Lee

Straight of the Union Web Site

“Cylinder systems that rely on copyright protection can no longer be legally protected from others manufacturing and selling ‘pirate’ key blanks. Only cylinder systems that offer Patent protection for their keys can truly legally protect against illegal key blank duplication.”

Fait enough for me, still means my easyentries gona pay dividends on legal "pirate" keys, Patent protected I'll leave.

Lee

Ethics ?

Why arnt people going back to the glazing company ?

[attachment=0]DSCF1176.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCF1175.JPG[/attachment]

I need 20 blanks milled to this section. They don't seem to be patent protected.Will send key. Who can offer the best price?? You have competition now Craig :lol: :lol: :lol: If you can let me know by tommorrow so I can bung it in the post.

Cheers Chums

Gray

Looks like a KABA GeGe Pextra. If so, Illegally milled keys will only turn in one direction.

I need 20 blanks milled to this section. They don't seem to be patent protected.Will send key. Who can offer the best price?? You have competition now Craig :lol: :lol: :lol: If you can let me know by tommorrow so I can bung it in the post.

Cheers Chums

Gray

Looks like a KABA GeGe Pextra. If so, Illegally milled keys will only turn in one direction.

Triffic......Piss on my bonfire why don't you..I've just taken a £50 deposit on the strength of my easie entrie buddies.

Cheers Chums

Gray

Triffic......#### on my bonfire why don't you..I've just taken a £50 deposit on the strength of my easie entrie buddies.

Tried to post as soon as I could... Of course it may not be, I'll be interested to see if they work.

Phil.