Shoe Repairer Forum

Parts for a KB Goodyear?

You might find they're not the sort of parts that people are going to have lying aroundd. However, the Forum always surprises me :wink: The lifter tightening screw may be more of an issue than you think as the thread on the casting could be buggered :? Castings can be a bugger and there are plenty of them on Goodyears :shock:

If you have no joy, you know where we are :D

I would think metric helicoils are fairly readily availiable. Nothings impossible these days

metric and imperial helicoils are available but the part where this problem is isnt easy to do anything with. The pinch bolt passes through a hole in the casting before going into the threaded piece, to make the thread bigger means opening the hole as well which weakens it. Not impossible but not good either. As you say though it can be done but while we have spare castings we wont.

no, like i said the bolt goes through a hole first and this would need opening up, weakening the casting. the thread is in the rear part of the casting. can be done and i think we have done it but not easy

[attachment=0]lifter casting.jpg[/attachment]

Gotcha Peter does look a bit thin on meat where the bolt goes into................Get a Victor cobblers&keys. :lol: :lol: On a serious note you guys have to keep these old machines going for us.

• 1 month later...