Shoe Repairer Forum

Hello

A few weeks back you will remember i started world war 3 asking for advice on the Miracle A5 and the Chaka Bay, well i went for the Miracle and for anyone thinking of buying one it is a cracking bit of kit, decodes and cuts a key in no time, so credit where credit is due, i know there is about 1K difference on the price but if you look at the two machines its got to be the Miracle all the way for me over the CHUCK AWAY

John =D> =D> =D>

Is anybody using the Tibbe Adaptor on the Miracle ? I was wondering what sort of a cut you get with it.

I cut an SX9 yesterday and it was that good a cut, it looked like the key had been polished afterwards.

john

well i have to eat my words pete and i have put our diferancies behind us and i ordered a a5 to stick in a van and it arrived today.on the whole the machine is good but i found the pda a bit fidaly but the main thing after recalibrating it it cut a hu100 laser key perfect and a ne72 key decodeed and cut spot on. so the main thing is the machine can cut a nice looking key smooth looks good and works great.on the ne72 it was a bit louder than the 3 i cut the other day on the chaka bay.and i actually called larence at lockdecoderes with a query and pete called me back with a answer and i will say in the years i have delt with hickleys they have never managed to call me back when they say they will. so the back up and support does seem to be their unlike the chaka bay.

Craig

No problem. Nice that we could put it behind us. Welcome to the club that is expanding very rapidly. If you have any problems or need more info to give us a call. There is a pc software for your machine on our downloads page at www.downloads-lockdecoders.com if you dont like the PDA. On the PDA you have a lot more functions like choosing whether it is a brass or steel key. Also the amount of passes on cutting the key. Some keys can be a little noisier than others.

Pete

Is anybody using the Tibbe Adaptor on the Miracle ? I was wondering what sort of a cut you get with it.

I cut an SX9 yesterday and it was that good a cut, it looked like the key had been polished afterwards.

john

well i have to eat my words pete and i have put our diferancies behind us and i ordered a a5 to stick in a van and it arrived today.on the whole the machine is good but i found the pda a bit fidaly but the main thing after recalibrating it it cut a hu100 laser key perfect and a ne72 key decodeed and cut spot on. so the main thing is the machine can cut a nice looking key smooth looks good and works great.on the ne72 it was a bit louder than the 3 i cut the other day on the chaka bay.and i actually called larence at lockdecoderes with a query and pete called me back with a answer and i will say in the years i have delt with hickleys they have never managed to call me back when they say they will. so the back up and support does seem to be their unlike the chaka bay.

Craig

well update time not get at pete time i have been asked on another forum to post my issues with this machine here after giving it a glowing report.all seemed fine at first untill i really started to use it my worst fears were confirmed. it would not decode a hu66 proparaly so i decoded lock to confirm the same code i got by reading the key buy eye and when it started to cut the key the machie errored and stopped and fefuses to cut vag. it can decode hu101 spot on cut first side perfect start fine on second side then cut the rest of the key to deep although it did still work.

i wasnt to keen on the seconhand dell oda that was supplied to run the machine so i decided to download the pc software which after pete put the corect software on his download section it wouldnt work. so pete spent about 30mins on my pc by remote servive but he could still not get it to work. he then said he would order a new motherboard for it mine must have the older one in it. i think a machione of that value should have been tested before being sent out especialy to me as pete knew i had issues with his company and was giving him another chance. i decided i should not have to open up a brand new machine and change a board so i told him i was returning it .he then called back and said he would send me a brand new machine with the new board with all updates and a brand new pda when he gets it this week and he will test it before it comes out to me so he has one last chance.

but to be fair to pete he has called me and tried to resolve the problem but it was out of his control as the machine was faulty but it should have been tested before being sent out.

craig

What we have agreed immediately with Craig on Monday when we heard that he had a fault is to replace his new machine with one that already has the new firmware on it. We will test it before it goes out to him. We are also leaving his machine with him until he gets the new tested one. I do understand about th him changing the motherboard on a new machine and that is why we are doing this. Once he has the new machine we will at also our own cost pick up the faulty machine.

There is nothing wrong with the motherboard, it is only the firmware on it that is faulty. The simplest way of fixing this is to replace the motherboard. We will have a device for doing a firmware update which we will in future loan to people to do the update with. Then they return the device to us in 7 days.

We are trying to resolve this with Craig, as we do not like to lose customers.

We strongly believe in this machine or we would not be selling it.

Unfortunatley sometime we cannot get brand new PDA, bu we do have refurbished PDA from Dell.

Pete

Well Tel here it is mate, Pete came up to Birmingham on sunday and fitted new boards and it started doing weired and wonderful things and Pete tried to sort it for 2 hours with no joy, then on monday he rang and said he was sending another board up that came wednesday and i fitted it but it was still the same, we now know what the problem is, its just an earthing problem on the board and when i connect a wire from the board to the chassis of the machine it is perfect so Pete has spoken to the supplier and there is a proper connector on its way, fingers crossed i cut a HU66, SIP22, HU46 and Tibbe this morning to show Mr Bo the machine working and it cut everyone PERFECT.

And i have to say Pete did go the extra mile to get it sorted on this one.

John

Seems like an unsorted machine that should not have gone on the market until it was 100%.

Oh and the other machines such as the Viper & 994 were absolute perfect were/are they when they leave the factory ? seems these machines have had problems.

I for one think that the A5 is outstanding value & yes there are always going to be teething problems with new products on the market, just happens that one particular machine is giving someone grief, but as has been highlited, the back up has been superb, as for the chukka bay, not in the same league as the A5.

Pointless knocking it unless you've tried it.

I see they are bringing out an update to bianchi 944 to cut normal keys looks good

Are silca doing this to the viper(Tel)

:lol:

carry on!

i was speaking to nth west keys about this at the manchester auto convention, according to them it will cost about a grand and you will have to change the cutter from the laser bit when cutting cylinder. If this is true i cant see it being much use to anyone.