Shoe Repairer Forum

Cutting Edge mag

I see that the Cutting Edge magazine is now downloadable off this site, is that going to be a regular thing?

and if the answer is yes - is it possible to cancel the posted version of the same?

paper saving is a thing of the now, so after people are going green with bank accounts etc, this may be a real step forward for the trade.

You’ve thrown up something that I will need to raise at the next cutting edge committee meeting Martin!

At this stage I wouldn’t cancel your paper version subscription because occasionally extras are added to the magazine such as posters or info on forthcoming events in the form of flyers. It maybe that going on into the future we need two mailing lists, this I will confirm!

Anyway here’s what has been going on since cutting edge became affiliated to the site! Priority Number 1 was to launch a “trade” directory of the members of cutting edge so their customers (us the repairers) would have an area to find suppliers for the services we use.

On the outside all may appear to have gone quite on this one! But as with everything on the site, some things I have to learn as I go along & I felt it very important not to build the directory on the “Live” environment & so too the problem that took me over a month to figure out! Finally a couple of weeks ago I solved the problem & I have been building the directory with every spare minute & had hoped for it to go live today! But it’s looking more like December at this stage.

Once the directory is complete I will be adding pages which will contain sign up & sign outs of the paper magazine, membership forms for suppliers & show info for both exhibitors & visitors alike.

As mentioned I will see what cutting edge suggest about the mailing list.

Lee

• 2 months later...

I did raise the issue of opting out of the mailing list at yesterdays committee meeting & the possibility of two mailing lists, one for the main magazine & one for posters, wall planer & flyers etc. However the costs & logistics of having 2 mailing lists was considered to be to high to consider at present.

You will be able to pick up your copy of the magazine from the forum & you can opt out of the mailing list, but you won't receive any of the "extras" that getting the magazine delivered gets you.

Lee