Shoe Repairer Forum

Mancuna mortice maching slow..?

Guest Conniee

Guest Conniee

Hi i am looking for a little help again, I currently have 2 mancuna machines the 800gt and the 850 gt.

my 850 is excellent, no trouble at all

however the 800gt machine, when its turned on it seems to be spinning much slower resulting in a very noisy cut. I don't know if this is because its a dual purpose machine but compared to my 850 the cutters definatly appear to be turning slower. If anyone has any idea as to another possible cause for excess noise when cutting the mortice keys (still cuttin the key like butter, just seems like every now and then the blade is catching the metal) id be quite happy to hear any suggestions as i have just started the business and really can't afford another machine.

thanks

If its that much of a problem lubricate the blade :-{{{

Lee

Or invest in a more up to date machine?

erm Keith,i think you might see at the bottom of the 1st post it's stated they can't afford another machine

:oops: Oops, mind you, there is a Jakey MKII for sale at just £300 on the Forum :D Might be worth a punt, cheap as chips!

Guest mmlocksecure

I have just the thing to solve your problems.

Jakey mortice machine, £300... Bargain!

Give me a call if your interested on either 07824430414 or 01684 567070

I would have thought the motor would have the rpm on a plate - also check the voltage and power - I cant remember the machine but with the belt off does the blade turn freely - is the motor overheating maybe a bearing tight and needs some lubrication - lubricate all the shafts and check for a slipping belt - if all else fails Lee's solution is not a bodge - any machine shop uses lubricants and or coolants.