Shoe Repairer Forum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About Chrysler group vehicles we are coming with a solution for Caravan and some others, this solution will permit you also to clone (near to 100%) Chrysler group vehicles collecting only one data from the vehicle (you will need that only 1st led of the snoop blinks to be able to clone a key). This solution will work also for some other brands (Most of GM ID46 for example).

After that is planned to release also a function to clone some ID46 without the using of the snoop (you will need only to put the original key on the RW and it will be cloned on the EHP direclty (like texas-crypto).

So because you live in Canada, I inform you that at the end of next week via SRS will be available an update (version "51") of RW (and EZClone) that enable the clone of all kind of IKT keys.

• 2 weeks later...

personally i think you choose the wrong transponder machine the second it envolves a battery. when the ehs system 1st come out the battery life was really bad, although they have got better to me it was always a worry. if the power supply is interupted for too long they will loose thier programming causing major problems. you also have to hand a key the size of a mobile phone over that does not look like the customers origional! i dont know if this has changed now but i could never do any chrysler because of the flange around the ignition would not allow the big key to go in far enough. then there is the price, no matter where you buy them from they are too expensive. the only good things about them is that they are reusable, and the blades interchange. i have now changed to using a trs5000 with all the extra's. this unit copies onto a chip the same size as a glass texas chip. this means you can use origional looking keys, program remote keys (only manual ones in car trs has no remote function) as you can fit the chip in the key. its alot of money but then what isnt in this industry? im well happy with it. it can even restore id tp16 (the relatively new peuguot crypto rw4/era3 copies) anyone ever taken one out mid scan? dont because the customers key will no longer work! the last point in its favour is the price of chips. currently ehs2 heads are £16-£25 each? the chips for trs are about £12.

Your two points, the price of blank key and these keys are battery operated are valid and these two points are worth considering before any one jumps in to buy a new product. We learn from our mistakes.

In today's economy, its difficult to just change the system as we change clothes because the costs involved and who knows after a few months another but better than what you have is available in the market.

Jaswant Kamboj

Hi there

I am writing in response to Mr Lee's message (second message on this topic) on what % of cars we can do and What % of customers would be prepared to get an extra key.

Here is my experience from Greater Toronto Area (three cities, Brampton, Mississauga, & Toronto, population about five million), Canada and statistics for the month of September: 69 customers called and only 8 came to make the key. Rest of the crowd was wondering why is it so expensive. Then I tell them, my price is much cheaper than the dealers and I also suggest them to check with Dealer to make an other key. If circumstances permit, I would also explain them the consequences in case they loose their only key.

This crowd of 61 customers who did not opt to make another key usually keep it pending till they loose the key. Surprise, surprise, one of such guy actually lost his key and then he called me to make his key but it was too late for me but it was not too late for a auto locksmith to whom I sent his place and create a key for him for four times the cost of an additional key. Guess what, this gentleman still have one key and he came to me three days ago to for something else, but still is not interested in making another duplicate.

This the general scenario for people who are in transponder key duplication business.

Does any forum member have such statistics to share?

Jaswant Kamboj

• 9 months later...

So if I understand correctly then the battery-head keys cover a wider range of vehicles, but the drawbacks are key cost and battery life? I would be grateful for any answers to the following questions:

Do the battery-head keys increase the range of vehicle applications?

If yes, does this have something to do with the security encryption requirements of those additional vehicles?

Is the RW4(p) machine restricted to using the Ilco Electronic Keys (battery powered heads), or can it clone (for example) Silca transponders as well?

Can anyone tell me how long the batteries last?

It looks like the Ilco RW machines are targeted for the US domestic market. Can someone kindly direct me to a european vehicle application chart?

Thanks in advance!

-Jeremy

Oslo, Norway

I use a keycrypt, and it has never failed to copy what I put in it, TK heads or TPX chips.

I was told of the guys at lockdecoders, that around 85% of car keys can be copied on it, but yes some do require you to go snoop (sniff as the keycrypt instruction manual calls it) with the TKs and the TPX3s. As I am totally mobile this is no problem to me, but could see how it could be a prob to a guy in a shop.

Great machine

(Lee, the MVP is working well by the way, thanks)

I use a keycrypt, and it has never failed to copy what I put in it, TK heads or TPX chips.

I was told of the guys at lockdecoders, that around 85% of car keys can be copied on it, but yes some do require you to go snoop (sniff as the keycrypt instruction manual calls it) with the TKs and the TPX3s. As I am totally mobile this is no problem to me, but could see how it could be a prob to a guy in a shop.

Great machine

(Lee, the MVP is working well by the way, thanks)

I concur, great machine great backup. My position and yellow lines restrict the capability of this machine.