Shoe Repairer Forum

mancuna 800

Just aquired an old mancuna 800 dual purpose machine..Runs fine no play but the cylinder cutter seems to move forward and back ever so slightly as if its worn like an egg shape...could need resetting/trueing on the shaft as the shaft is true or it could be goosed..Anyway does anyone have any instructions regardng use/setting up of this machine before i wade in blind with a big spanner.And are cutters still available and at what approx cost..The other 2 cutters on the same spindle are fine/true,

Thanks in advance

Just aquired an old mancuna 800 dual purpose machine..Runs fine no play but the cylinder cutter seems to move forward and back ever so slightly as if its worn like an egg shape...could need resetting/trueing on the shaft as the shaft is true or it could be goosed..Anyway does anyone have any instructions regardng use/setting up of this machine before i wade in blind with a big spanner.And are cutters still available and at what approx cost..The other 2 cutters on the same spindle are fine/true,

Thanks in advance

ah a good old trusty mancuna these machines are ok for cutting mortice keys but never been very good at cylinder i would recomend a cylinder machine for cylinder keys i have a old silca rekord plus in silver for sale ill put pics in the for sale section in a couple of days.

craig