Shoe Repairer Forum

Whitfield Wylie 700

I managed to pick up a great bargain as I thought. A 700 and 29k71 for £150. Now need parts for the 700. Spoke to Peter at Siserve and someone at Standard. I'm looking for left handed threaded screw for trimmer, a whole breaster part, banot the lot, also the two front wheels 75mm and 40mm. Machine works fine but after getting prices from the above companies I thot someone might have spare parts lying around. If not I'll have to bite the bullit and go with peter or standard. Any help?

Hang on let me get this right Ginge . You have bought Whitfield 700 and a Singer 29K71 for £150 and you are whinging about spending a few quid to put them right. As Jo says ya tight wee shite. Spend £500 and you still have a bargain. Oh and I have looked at your website and your sporran work etc............ Respect =D> =D>

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Very easy if you have the right brushes.

I've not got any yet. Gonna order this week. Will there be a part ref number on the old brushes or is it a standard fitting ( my machine is the same as the 700 you have on your site)

http://www.siserve.co.uk/Refurbished_Machines_files/700orange_1.jpg

If it's a tricky job i'm going to get someone to do it.

They are easy to fit, order brushes for a 700 from either of us or some wholesalers also sell. The collars are held with a grub screw or 2 on the shaft. When removed take out the 3 screws and remove from brush, they fit inside the brush that is why you need to order correct ones. Fit back on machine. If it is brush with belt on just gently lift the belt off and let drop back gently to make sure stays on motor pulley.