Shoe Repairer Forum

setting up a ltd. company

just set up my next company and after so much time wasted thought this might help.

ive been trying to source an articles of association normally got from rymans (stopped selling) or a legal stationers (none near me) internet (didnt want to enter my card details to pay 20 quid for a piece of paper)

you then have to fill a few forms out and take them to be witnessed by a solicitor, 5 quid

then send forms off to companies house and 20 quid to register it.

when i eventually went on the interent to buy this form i saw websites saying they could incorporate it for you within a few hours, so i phoned companies house and they said they were ok.

so for 25 plus vat i filled out my details pressed a button and next day had my new company.

i used companyformations4u but i dont think it matters who you use.

GL. :mrgreen:

i was just happy not to have to muck about anymore and my solicitor quoted me 250 quid,

have you done your rates,

kept getting cold calls telling me i could reduce my rates so i phoned the valuation office and they came down measured my shop and said it had been measured wrong by the first taxman 50 years ago knocked about 15% off and would only backdate 1 year [-( :-s

another thing that helps keep the bills down that noone told me about is that streamline will reduce your fees once youve hit a certain amount of money processed thru your pdq machine,

cant remember what the levels are but you have to ask them they will not tell you about this

may not apply to everyone but for the sake of a phone call to your provider this could save you some pennies :wink:

• 2 weeks later...