#41 cowers lane 583

cowers lane 583

500+ Poster: Advanced user

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • Locationsarf London

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:13 PM

After a good few years with no contact, PRS contacted me on friday. I Said I'm not paying £130, so don't listen to music. They said I would only have to pay £80 a year. Still not interested
  • k4mrc likes this
I only multi-task at work, don't tell my wife.

#42 Auto Key Wizard

Auto Key Wizard

1000+ Poster: Expert user

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:36 AM

This PPL/PRS company is a joke...

I had a call a few years back, and told them I wasn't interested in anything they said or payments they demanded, but they insisted on mailing an invoice and many reminds, all of which I ignored and it all went quiet.

Then a year later they contacted me to renew my contract, Humm I say, What contract, the PPL contract they say, I tell them that a renewal is for something that exists, I have no contract with you and good bye.

Few weeks ago I get a call from them again, Because I have a radio in the workshop area we require this license and email an Invoice for £156.00, and then a reminder to pay

I inform them that I have no intention of paying it and they will be waiting a very long time...

A week later I receive persistent emails from a company Oriel Collections Limited http://orielcollections.co.uk/ and all corespondents from them are being ignored.

These scammers will not get a penny from me.

Posted Image
Terry Field aka Transponder Tel \:D/
Elite Service Centre
Multi-Services & Auto Locksmithing

Posted Image

#43 k4mrc

k4mrc

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:45 PM

I had a call a few years back, and told them I wasn't interested in anything they said or payments they demanded, but they insisted on mailing an invoice and many reminds, all of which I ignored and it all went quiet.

Then a year later they contacted me to renew my contract, Humm I say, What contract, the PPL contract they say, I tell them that a renewal is for something that exists, I have no contract with you and good bye.

Few weeks ago I get a call from them again, Because I have a radio in the workshop area we require this license and email an Invoice for £156.00, and then a reminder to pay

I inform them that I have no intention of paying it and they will be waiting a very long time...

A week later I receive persistent emails from a company Oriel Collections Limited http://orielcollections.co.uk/ and all corespondents from them are being ignored.

We have 'finally' got shot of them, I have stated IN WRITING that we have no radio anymore - just in our kitchen away from the customer earshot and it seems to have got rid of them, they kept chasing me even calling into the shop!

Monday to Friday it's on low volume, Saturday turned up a bit, but as my shop is only the size of Auto wizard's toilet it has been quite a game, they are bastards to deal with, and when they finally get you then the game really starts as the second company will go for you

#44 Flash

Flash

500+ Poster: Advanced user

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:06 PM

"HELLO this is" (somename) "calling from P.R.S."," just to let you know this call is being recorded:" No it"s not, goodbye". Simple !.

• B.C likes this

#45 Auto Key Wizard

Auto Key Wizard

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:43 AM

We have 'finally' got shot of them

The mistake you made is you did pay their demand in the first place...

• B.C likes this
Posted Image
Elite Service Centre

Posted Image

#46 B.C

B.C

200+ Poster : Intermediate user

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:34 AM

The mistake you made is you did pay their demand in the first place...

They walked into the shop with music playing in background?

When could I justify not paying?

at least I am not now - but they still came in to make sure

#47 SteelCityShoes

SteelCityShoes

200+ Poster : Intermediate user

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:37 AM

What’s the latest situation on all this? Do you still need multiple licenses? I’m wondering if getting a radio is worth the cost and hassle for the amount of time I’ll actually be able to hear it

#48 cobbcas

cobbcas

50+ Poster: Established user

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:27 AM

Personal dab radio with one earphone in always hear the customer & even when machines are on with ear defenders still can hear the radio & not filling the likes of cliff Richards pockets because let's face it half the music on the radio is shite!

#49 Mr Bargy

Mr Bargy

Argy Bargy

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:57 AM

The idiots even asked me on one call from them if I played music when I put people on hold.  :roll:

#50 Auto Key Wizard

Auto Key Wizard

• Trade group users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:42 PM

And so it continues................

PPL are still pursuing payment of £119 from me since 2011,

This outstanding amount has been passed to debt recovery companies Oriel Collections and MIL Collections numerous times without a win on PPL's part.

Let them waste their time and effort, They will not get paid period.

I still have my radio on in the workshop area.

• B.C likes this
Posted Image
Elite Service Centre

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users