Shoe Repairer Forum

JR Shoe Repair Competition

You could be right xminit... most entries are posted during the last window of opportunity, not because of them getting lost or damaged or pawed over, but because they are only done in the last couple of weeks as most leave it until then to do the job. The winners know this and will have done their jobs weeks ago.

My guess is that 25% will arrive a day or two after the deadline.

If only everyone had that attitude gaz...........

Well done for making the effort, now learn from your mistakes when you see the winners (if it aint you) and make a note for next year, and start them in June doing a bit at a time. Now is the time to start looking for the next pair of shoes.

Dont forget to display them in the window when the comp is over.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sarsden_boy

I wish everone who entered, good luck. I cant stand the tension now that the shoes have been judged. Is there anything worse than being told you have to wait until the cutting edge exhibition on the 21st to find out your place in the comp.

And i agree with everyhing gaz said, its easy to talk the talk we all do it, but when you pick up them shoes and realise every little move you make is being judged your hands seem to go like jelly.

Whos going down to kettering then guys?

no problem

Stand up for yourself S-Boy, we all get picked on at some time or other.

Red Card offence!!!!!

Dont know about that but put it like this,

If we kew all the names of the winners (Places order does not matter) and all the winners were from one particular company then there would be very few present at the award cerenonies would there?

It is better to keep everyone guessing so as to get the maximum amount of publicity for the sponsors.

My guess is that Sarsden boy may very well get a Blowtorch under his bum for spilling the beans.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it's OK to publicise it nowadays, maybe he aint been told to keep it to himself, either way we must congratulate him for being up there with the winners.

Be one big feather in the cap for the forum if he is the outright winner eh?

Guest sarsden_boy

Everybody that entered the comp recieved a letter, this letter stated that the winners (being top 6) would hear from the comp man himself on the 6th of Sept. So the people who didnt hear already know that they wernt in top 6.

Well don't type then :lol:

Why not? :? I thought it was supposed to be a forum :-s

What made you fink that

Your posts reek of the bitterness of somebody who obviously didn't make the top six.

Maybe you could learn a thing or two from the people that DID, although I doubt it because your stinking attitude and resentment to those people wont allow it.

Did the letter say to keep the info low key?

I applaud all those who entered and those who see the winning entries will pick up tips for their next entries over the years. It's a big learning curve that has to be taken in stages, even the best day to day repairer would have great difficulty in acheiving near perfection as some of the winners do.

Even the winner has things to learn for next time as there is always someone awaiting to take your title away.

Now I wonder if anyone will post a few pics of their entry for scrutiny!!!

just back from the cutting edge show and saw the winning entries - they were brilliant! well done to the winners!

the winner was real quality!

i was stood with a group of repairers and one of which who has repaired shoes for many years was asking how the waist had been repaired - so big congratulations to all.

I will be posting some "Poor" quality (sorry) pictures later today, time allowing but in my view, the winning repair produced by forum member Kenneth Simpson was a country mile ahead of the rest, nicely finished with good artistic interpretation.

He's also a good ambassador for the industry, incredible humble & polite, even producing from his bag, a 1999 copy of a magazine showing me on the cover & some even earlier magazines showing competition shoes his dad had produced donkey years ago.

I had a really fascinating few minutes with Him, His good lady & little girlIMAGE_121 (400 x 500).jpg

Lee