Shoe Repairer Forum

Random images of jobs i worked on today

Guest sarsden_boy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sarsden_boy

I actually was told this when i 1st started but i cant remember, i think its because its an army regulation to have 13 studs in each boot, the infantry regiment

Yes dean we get all the awkward jobs in to. And plenty of ugg boots for new zips what a nighmare they are.

Padded collers

Gussets

rolled back linings

back stiffeners

etc

very nice work indeed. thank you for sharing. 25 pair a day. :oops: i think thats impresive, but maby thats the norm.

it looks as though the welt is pinked on the finished edge, (to be trimed latter). ive not seen this style before.

if i may ask also,on your leather F.S. are your stitches in a channel, or laid on top.

its been my habit close the knifed thread channel to protect the thread. how ever ive seen new shoes with exposed stitching, especially rubber.

i love those (stitch track) soles, you call them. wished we had them here. who or what are they again?

thank you

bkb

kansas usa

Guest sarsden_boy

The soles and heels are called stitch track commando units.

As for scouring the heel block area before stitching, that is only needed when the shoes are welted all the way round, the ones in the picture arnt they have a heel piece thats why they are tacked through into the inboard.

The soles and heels are called stitch track commando units.

As for scouring the heel block area before stitching, that is only needed when the shoes are welted all the way round, the ones in the picture arnt they have a heel piece thats why they are tacked through into the inboard.

So you don't agree that the heel blocks would stick better if you'd roughed them up first?! [-(

Guest sarsden_boy

Yes of course i always scour the backlift no matter what, but you dont always need to do it before you stitch them you can scour after sticthing on some

Guest sarsden_boy
the "stitch track" soles in the picture are called commando soles & come with a separate heel.you also get other ones with a different pattern called golfer soles although not as common

And you should always scour your heelblock area before stitching.....you'll learn....LOL

All i am saying is that you dont have to scour the backlift before you stitch them, you can scour after stitching. Of course i use glue.

the "stitch track" soles in the picture are called commando soles & come with a separate heel.

And you should always scour your heelblock area before stitching.....you'll learn....LOL

All i am saying is that you dont have to scour the backlift before you stitch them, you can scour after stitching. Of course i use glue.

Pointless scouring after you've stitched them, you'll just chaff all your fresh stitching :lol:

Guest sarsden_boy

have a look at the image shown, there not stitched rite round, you wouldnt be scouring any stitching unless it was a pair stitched rite the way round.

have a look at the image shown, there not stitched rite round

The image shows the stitching in progress, but not the finished stitch, seems you've started stitching from the right point on the unit, so why not carry on all the way around, or did this footwear not have an ITS Hide Commando unit fitted originally?

Manufacturers stitch all the way round weather they are welted all the way round or not, That card heel piece is not good enough quality to just stick too, as it just pulls a layer off. I always replace it with leather, may as well while you had them apart. that way you can retain the original size of the heel block, after others have scoured it away. I use this practice with all through soles.

Why wouldn't you scour where the heel block area before stitching, weather you stitch all the way round or not, you still stitch partially under the heel block, and to roughen later would make it almost imposible to not scour your stitches............. :wink: its just easier :-&

The soles are "Itshide Commando" there is no need to scour before stitching if it is not possible or practicle to stitch around the heel area.

What may be consusing is that the stitches appear to go into the base area.

Sorry fella, its just common sense to roughen before stitching, its just easier...I think sarsden will even consede that.

Is this the beginning of a fight LOLalot