Shoe Repairer Forum

New house signs for spring display

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the volume only has an engraving area of 305mm x 210mm

have a look at mastergrave with the roland egx350 it has the same engraving area flat bed of a 400 volume and at a fraction of the price.i have had mine for a month now and it is a great machine with easy to use software.

Craig

Its a fraction of the price because its a fraction of the machine :shock:

I haven't seen the software, but if its easy to use as you say, usually means its not very comprehensive.

G5 is wonderfull and can cope with any engraving job.

The back up from gravograph is second to none, along with there machines. You don't become the biggest supplier of engraving machines in the world if you haven't an excellent product.

I use carbide cutters,as probably do most,different tip widths depending on size of font.For these larger house signs in marblite I prefer a router mill.Makes it a bit quicker for clearing out large numbers for filling.

I also dont grind my own cutters so only have a few that I use the best way I can.

I'm no expert but I am fast learner so others on here will probably give you different/better advice

:wink:

• 4 weeks later...