Shoe Repairer Forum

Engraving Horrors

yes

:smt072

but the wisest thing you could do is invest in a polishing mop - like i have and the other day when i slipped! it's easy all you do is Polish and buff up make it like new again.

best thing you can invest in (in my mind) to assist you in very bad situations - and stops you having to pay out lots (gold/silver).

YES -

With computers doing the work, I think that we make more mistakes, as we are not checking as we engrave only once at the begining. I too have a polishing mop, a dremmel (with lots of small mop options for inside ring/bangle etc.), and a small brush plating kit to resilver what you have polished down to the copper/brass.

But a pewter tankard ....... forget it - suppy them a new one.

Vinny

More times than I would like to remember due to being impatient with other work in progress.

Usually on a Tankard for some guys retirement, retiring at 4 oclock on that day and they decide to get him a tankard at 3 oclock. Poor sods been retiring for 50 years and they leave it until the last minuteas usual.

"To Frederick"

Happy Retirement from your pals at Poodle Clippers Incorporated.

All the best ,

Harry Jenny Alfred James

Lee Danny Graham Joe

Marrion Wendy Paul

Sexy Bitch

& all the girls in the Office

It's always the last couple of words that it goes wrong on, you aint got time to polish it out and there aint another Tankard like it in town is there?

war memorial with about 500 names on, 6 feet tall x 5 feet wide, engraved on manual machine in aluminium, filled black, about two weeks work, finished two hours before presentation. fitted as old war heroes arrived. no spelling errors...

slipped with screwdriver on last screw. with local mayor as a witness.

taken down day after to repair damage, had to jimmy off wall as i used anti-theft screws. re-fitted, only to be vandalised by graffitti artist. removed again for clean up. re-fitted. black paint fell out over the winter, re-filled, re-fitted. the end. :smt101

Thanks for the info - tell me - does this method also apply to all other metals, like trophy cups (nickel, sliver, alu.)?

Any mistakes I've made up til now I have had to replace - because I dont know otherwise - I am still a novice -I am sure there are lots of tricks - but I've got no-ne to show me. So I rely on this forum - thank you for being there!

Three Cheers

Annie

• 4 weeks later...