Shoe Repairer Forum

Pneumatic nailer

We're looking to replace our 20-year-old Senco nailers, which have given good service, but are now past their use-by date!

We're definitely looking for brad guns rather than staple guns, and I wonder if any of you guys (or gals!) would care to make recommendations (Bostitch, Draper, Omer, Sealey, etc). We seem to constantly have difficulty getting nails and spares for Senco, and I'd be glad to hear of other people's preferences.

Didn't know quite where to post this, but I guess it'll get noticed here! :D

Mine's a Stanley BOSTITCH Model BT35B will accept brad from 5/8" - 1 3/8" (15mm - 35mm) Used & abused it for twelve years & hasn't missed a beat

8a9e_1.JPG

Also still got a BOSTITCH Model T31 all metal body (if anyone remembers them) still going strong

used-t31.jpg

Pictures shown copied from web are for reference only

I use the Bostich SB1850-BN 18G Brad Nailer similar to the one Terry's using

Specs:

15-50mm range, 18 gauge with 100-brad capacity. Side-loading magazine for easy viewing and easy loading. Adjustable exhaust and depth control. Ideal for mouldings, skirtings and trim. Supplied with 1000 brads and oil.

2_DCP_0051_4.jpg

Costs around £100 inc vat

It has a small safety release on its tip which took a bit of getting used to for accuracy but once mastered its a lovely nailer.

Note also I have an oil feeder on the air line to all my nailers which helps keep them lubricated.

Lee

oil feeders are a good idea if used in the right place. be careful not to place them before any pnuematic switches etc as they dont always agree with each other. i know the power press shouldnt have one fitted as the valves in the head will disagree with oil, however fitted just before the outlets for the guns is good.

We seem to constantly have difficulty getting nails

Incidentally I use duo fast brads in my bostitch, so you have at least two choices of nails for the gun I use so you will never have problems getting them.

Lee