Shoe Repairer Forum

stretchers part two

who locked the original thread :cry:

i'm still in the dark hugh :shock: call me slow to pick up but i must be missing something here :oops:

you've stated that folk aren't that eager or else they woulda badgered more (in so many words), i did badger you, and i'm still badgering now :lol:

i can't figure it out for myself if i have no idea what i'm meant to be figuring out besides the blinding obvious which is how to stretch a shoe :?

I LOCKED THE PREVIOUS TOPIC.

It went down hill and served no purpose to the original topic. With statements like

bloody idiotic

crap

& finally an edit to an unacceptable posting.

Sometimes its best to start again, to keep topics on course, as Rick has done.

Lee

oops :oops: t'wa never my intention to undermine anyone, especially da boss dude :shock:

however, i did do it for what i hope are the right reasons which are: to keep the topic ongoing in a sensible fashion and to hopefully pry out of hugh and hibs this method of stretching that is causing such a rumpus:D

I received this Pm from Uk, which I felt was worth publishing .

Well to be honest Lee I'm dispointed, Your talking about my post, which I've just read again.

To be honest I don't see anything wrong with it..(Bloody) (Idiotic) & (Crap)

Whats wrong with those words, Here em every day newspapers telly etc.

I stand by that post, I meant every word of it. It was a far worse thread than 3 words that made you wanna lock it.

Maybe you should have made a post before it went downhill to get it back on track!

If your annoyed because I had a Light hearted dig at the mods in this thread I'm sorry.

But it's a shame if you can't have a laugh with other members, cus thats all it was.

Watch that the Rules don't destroy the fun factor.

Quite a few topics have ended up less than light hearted. I was not talking about just your post UK, but in main the reason the topic was locked was the final posting edit. I have had many dissatisfaction PM’s since starting the forum, I am sincerely sorry if I have upset any member, least of all our main members. However I always have and always will (as long as it lasts!) run a forum that gives CREDIT to our trade and not DISCREDIT.

Lee

however, i did do it for what i hope are the right reasons which are: to keep the topic ongoing in a sensible fashion and to hopefully pry out of hugh and hibs this method of stretching that is causing such a rumpus:D

It went down hill Rick when they wouldn't tell you, as if it was mr kiplins secret reciepe :roll:

At the end of the day anybody looking from a visitors point of view would have thought we were all mental.

If you have a good idea and wanna share it, do so. If you don't wanna share it, Don't mention it.

I rest my case :D

Well I've scanned though all 1041 of Hugh's posts, & there now't there about the secret of stretching

I even checked out the The Cobblers Arms in the hope he may have left his Cobblers Almanac on that shelf near the urinal in the Gents, before he cleared off to Spain

The only clue is...

Fish Tank

it has got something to with protector :lol:

i think hugh, when he asked if i had room for a fish tank in my shop was saying that if i could find room, to fill one with water and put a boot in it to show how good protector when you pull it out and the upper isn't saturated which i actually think is a good idea, (would make a good talking pint if nowt else) shame i don't have room :?

still no wiser on the stretching though......

come on hibs, we know you scots don't like to share but this is yer buddies begging.

rick.

Taken from the first Stretchers Topic

The thought came to me initially while standing in a crowded shoe shop 40 years ago waiting as you do with my wife trying shoes on, the assistant took a pair for a customer into the back room to be stretched as they "felt a bit tight". I could see him round the corner via one of those foot stool mirrors and he was reading the paper with the shoes still in his hands, he brought the shoes back out after about 3 minutes and the lady said "Oh those feel much better".

It would appear from the quote above that the secret method of stretching many pairs of footwear quickly, is to actually do nothing at all

Then to charge the customer for something you haven't actually done

What has been acheived here is purely psychological in the mind of the customer, they have be fooled into believing the footwear had undergone some sort of treatment, when in reality they hadn't

NOW THIS PRACTICE SHOULD NOT BE ADOPTED, IT IS DISHONEST

If this is the method Joe is using, then he could have saved on not purchasing all the different stretching machines, but have used a cardboard box in which to store the footwear that were having that 'Special Stretch Treatment' or maybe a Fish Tank :lol:

it has got something to with protector :lol:

i think hugh, when he asked if i had room for a fish tank in my shop was saying that if i could find room, to fill one with water and put a boot in it to show how good protector when you pull it out and the upper isn't saturated which i actually think is a good idea, (would make a good talking pint if nowt else) shame i don't have room :?

rick.

Bloody hell, good idea. :roll: Its about the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard :lol: :lol:

Use the space for an engraving machine, and forget the fishtank :wink: