Shoe Repairer Forum

eze badge

I spent some time on the phone to my new EZEBADGE supplier as the didn't have the specific size badge I wanted with a pin on the back!

They came with a magnet and a strip of metal (doesn't damage clothes I guess)

Eventually settled on a metal badge with a pin. spend ages finally getting a design I thought they could work with (not what was requested but software as mentioned before is limiting)

Calibrated the sheet & printed of the first "proof" badge, went to put them together and I hadn't got pins for my badges but MAGNETS!

Phoned the supplier, they said they were incorrectly sent, but didn't have a single pin fastened badge!

The paper dis-colours after its been through the printer a couple of times and goes grey.

JOKE JOKE JOKE JOKE............. I am going to give this customer the proof to prove I wasn't lying about waiting for a system and see what he says, but I'm not holding my breath.

So far I have spent £241.99 on the system (inc VAT) Didn't get the show deal :cry:

And £65.11 on badges that weren't what I ordered! thats 307.10 & I haven't even completed the order I brought it all for!

AND I LOOK A RIGHT IDIOT TO MY CUSTOMER........ :twisted:

Poor program, which I think could be got used to, poor wholesale stock availability. An excellent product in principle but needs a large ironing board to sort out its problems!

Posted on the EZEBADGE forum over 24hours ago, no response from there either.

HOWEVER, I have phoned TREND who supplied it to me, and am returning it. Their service is superb, Very polite given the situation. Excellent customer skills.

Thats what I think UK

Lee

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Iain Cheall

to make your pic the full size uncheck the add text box when you first start the new badge.

also i have the unable to open error message i just delete the saved thing and redesign it some work some dont.

the calibration drop box has more setting in it when you have made new calibrations and saved them. but they are size specific and only the calibrations made for that size will be visible to you.

their forum is a joke i posted there when i first got it and noone has answered it, dont hold you breath for anything there.

but the best laugh is the default calibrations are for a discontinued printer the epson R300 :lol:

the biggest problem i am having is you cant put 2 sheets in my printer in the exact place so in the order i have just had for 290 square badges i have wasted over 100 stickers printing them a full sheet at a time and finding at the end the sheet wasnt in correctly although i put it in the same everytime.

i had problems with the supply chain bu ti now make my orders directly to the manager and she gets it right.

also had problems with faulty badges but i think that is now cleared up.

I have been told that there is going to be an update for the software that will make things easier to use and that should be available free before the end of the year.

i have had my ezebadge for about 5 months now and these are the main problems i have had however i have sold lots of the items and it has paid for itself easily.

like i say i have had an order for 290 pin badges for a local football team and they have indicated that they want a lot more in the future :D

stick with it is my advice i have been close to returning it more than once but eventually you will get used to it.

I am still awaiting the box to be collected for return, Perhaps when there is a credible update, a full working backup system (why would any company start a forum they didn't read!) and you could actually buy a BADGE from the wholesalers to make I will give it another try

(if they'd ever supply me again!)

Lee

no frickin' idea what the film is :shock:

you have all made my mind up for me now regarding the ezebadge system, i'm gonna wait a few months and see if anything improves.

i wouldn't mind trying the dye sublimation though, can anyone give me a proper rundown on it besides the spiel from novachrome?

is it cost effective? are the products readily obtainable? what sort of setup should i initially go for?

cheers, rick.

• 1 month later...
Guest Iain Cheall

I know lee sent his back but did anyone else sort out the problems they were having with this system. I have just completed another order using it and have another big order in the pipeline.

The update promised for trophex is running late but i am promised it will be sent out as soon as its ready.

I have just looked through the topic and have tried to answer a couple of the problems not already anserwerd

I have just spent all afternoon with this program, now I cannot open any of the files I have saved! I have returned this error

A load of gobbledegoup !

This system appears seriously floored to me! I will submit this one to there web site as well (It could still be user error)

Lee

the error message lee was getting when he tried to reopen saved jobs this occurs when the job is saved and then the calibration of the sheet is changed ie job saved with old calibration cant be opened with the new one.

Lee, I spent a few hours tonight with this program, and unless I'm missing something, its a joke.

When you get to the Choose Calibration window, Theres a dropdown menu with default template in it... so you drop the menu and theres no other chioce!!

uk900's problem with the drop down menu, you have to have at least one calibration when you make a new one it puts into the box and then you can delete the old one

The paper dis-colours after its been through the printer a couple of times and goes grey.

the use of a lazer printer causes this as the sticker sheet is made of similar products as the glossy picture paper you get for photo's. They tell you not to use a lazer with it.

but the best laugh is the default calibrations are for a discontinued printer the epson R300

they are adding a lot more printers to the software so hopefully you won't need recalibrate it at all. This is the reason for the delay for the new software

the biggest problem i am having is you cant put 2 sheets in my printer in the exact place so in the order i have just had for 290 square badges i have wasted over 100 stickers printing them a full sheet at a time and finding at the end the sheet wasnt in correctly although i put it in the same everytime.

to aleviate this problem they suggest that you put the paper in 1 sheet at a time and only put the one sheet in the printer ie remove all the other paper from the feeder. Seems better when i do this.

and as for

I think the damage has already been done.......................
well damage is not always unavoidable but should always be repairable. :wink:

anyway hope this helps those of you that still have this system or anyone that might be thinking of getting it

This is a great post Iain, the biggest gripe I had with the program and not one mentioned but that you might be able to offer advice on.

When making a badge involving text in the build window, re-sized text would be all over logos and off the edge of the template (image)

2_wp763a0938_1.jpg

Yet when printed came out on the badge as this print preview shows.

2_wp19b4b5e4_1.jpg

Also I had a problem with ordering pin badges, and receiving magnet badges and not being able to get a pin badge in any size.

I agree that this is a new product and I do hope that the new software actually works. This could potentially be a great product & I wish the system every success for the future.

Lee

Guest Iain Cheall

it does do that but when you print it, it is right. not an ideal i agree also if you went back and re edited the image there are couple of things you need to do to make it work. 1 you need to select every image on the left ( remove red cross ) then you click the reset button and then the apply button. then you need to deselect all the images you don't want to print and carry on. they are addressing this issue in the update too i'm told.

As for the supply of badges and such well I have had similar problems with the supply of these products but trend have got to grips with their systems, procedeures and stock levels. I haven't had any problems for sometime, however I no longer email the sales team for my orders I go directly to Rachel Hunter who is the Business Development Manager ( you might have seen her on their stand at trophex :smt061 ) and every order I have made has been filled correctly.

Charles Birch recently bought the right to sell this system so you should be able to go to them for your supplies

I have finally after some time and coincidentally received an email today from Lewis Adams, General Manager of Eze Badge International which said

"I understand that you had some problems with the Eze Badge software and for this I would like to apologise.

There is a new software program that is released at the end of this month that would eradicated any problems you had."

I will give the new software a trial, and report back. But I am pleased I have finally had a response as I was really disappointed that I had to send this back as I loved the concept.

Lee

• 2 months later...

HOWEVER, I have phoned TREND who supplied it to me, and am returning it. Their service is superb, Very polite given the situation. Excellent customer skills.

Sadly following this post I had to talk to trading standards after being charged handling and postage on the system I returned, this has STILL not been resolved entirely as I'm still showing postage outstanding on my account :cry:

BUT: as promised I have received today "EZZEBADGE VERSION 3" which given the forum, and what I have said in the past is a bold move and one which I think shows an incredible amount of good will on the part of both Trend and Ezebadge.

I now look forward to trying the new software & I will be doing a FULL review of the latest version in the product reviews & tests section ASAP.

Lee

received mine on friday after following the installation instructions and receiving a rude message from windows gave up until Monday phoned Trend. who said go to install software if you are running XP. That worked sent off for the security code Monday night it arrived (after another email and a phone call)late this afternoon (14:41) so much for by return.

i have had a little play and then printed off the instructions,it works a lot better after reading these! but i think each and every template will have to be adjusted but the system for this works well. WARNING. don't bother to print until you have read and acted upon page 27of the instructions.

however having said all that it looks loads better than the first program

Alan

Guest Iain Cheall

i had to email them a few times to get the security code but got it in the end. I have installed all the templates but find that there are 2 for the R50 template and neither is correctly calibrated and I can't find the instructions on how to edit the calibration. I am awaiting help from trend on this matter but will report back to you when and if i get something sorted out.

but everything else is easier to use than last version.

have you tried printer setting and bleed setting? i thought my template were all to cock (they probably were)go to tools select printer setting, print a test sheet it only messes two up, do the measuring input measurements. that should correct the the printing next adjust bleed setting again found under tools i set mine to 0 as 0.5 will print 1mm outside an R25 circle.hope i'm right

Alan

Guest Iain Cheall

I have done the bleed and printer setings problem i am having is the top line of the template is correct but with the R50 sheet you need to print from the bottom up otherwise the printer stuggles to grip it and the bottom line is way off in fact it prints so far of the sticker it is hitting the sticker above.

have emailled trend but dispite the email being read just after 9 this morning I haven't reeived an answer.